IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
To ensure the best possible results we follow a 5-step tailored plan:
- Initial Skin Consultation: Skin assessment and skincare prep including Vitamin A, Vitamin C and sunscreen for at least one month prior to IPL treatment (in this time you will also be observing some fantastic changes in the skin).
- IPL Test Patch appointment (one month later) – this is not only crucial for safety but also to treat you at an optimal level for best results.
- 1st IPL treatment (from 2 days onwards)
- 2nd IPL treatment (one month later)
- 3rd IPL treatment (one month later
What's the first step?
We are a best-practice clinic and consistently deliver optimal results by placing paramount importance on education and informed consent.
If you are already a skin client with us and have been using medical-grade skincare, your first step is the IPL Test Patch appointment.
What should I expect after an IPL treatment?
How quickly does IPL work?
During your initial light consultation, your Medical Skin Therapist will recommend a schedule for maximum results.
Does IPL hurt?
Is IPL safe?
How long does IPL take?
Can your skin get burnt during IPL?
Our Medical Skin Therapists always do a test patch prior to any treatment to determine the best settings for your skin and reduce the risk of any side effects. Expect to have a patch test at your initial consultation, and return for treatment anywhere from a few days to a week later. Winter is a great time to have IPL treatments, as you should be out of the sun a month prior to and after treatment. This is because sun exposure can increase the risk of side effects or pigment coming back. For your safety we stop providing IPL treatments from the start of summer. You should wear your recommended sun protection every day and keep out of direct sun.